Campus and Facilities
Set within a specifically designed facility in the heart of prestigious Jumeirah, Dubai, GEMS Jumeirah Primary School offers state-of-the-art facilities that optimise and enhance the student learning experience.
We encourage our students to explore their interests and unleash their full potential, offering them the opportunity to take advantage of our extensive learning tools and resources, within an inspiring environment.
- FS Computer Suite
- MAC zones
- Medical Clinic
- Prayer Room
- 4 School Playgrounds
- Science Lab
- Individual and Group Music Rooms
- Learning Lounge
- STEAM Room
- Arabic Reading Room
- ELL Teaching Room
GEMS Jumeirah Primary focuses on providing a well-balanced, holistic education, allowing students to explore their talents, develop their skills and enhance their abilities, whilst enjoying an active, healthy lifestyle; sport and physical education plays a central role in our curriculum.
Each and every one of the students can enjoy physical education and extra-curricular sports activities, regardless of their level of skill or experience. For this reason all activities are held within a nurturing, encouraging and inclusive environment.
Our state-of-the-art athletic facilities include:
- Multi-purpose sports hall
- Large, temperature-controlled gymnasium
- Professional gymnastics equipment
- Multi-purpose outdoor area
- Partly shaded, 25-metre swimming pool
- Infant learning pool
- All weather, synthetic turf pitch
- FS2 free-flow areas, both indoor and outdoor
- FS1 sand area
GEMS Jumeirah Primary School is a state-of-the-art, child-centred campus which includes a wide range of science and technology resources and facilities that have been expertly designed to ensure that the students can begin to fully embrace 21st century learning and prepare themselves for their future roles, whatever they may be.
Our students have access to:
- A purpose built STEAM Studio to enable children to develop their computational thinking and engineering skills
- Ipads, and laptops are available for children to access across the whole school to allow children to develop basic computer skills and advance cross curricular link
- Classrooms are fitted with Apple TV and green screens are throughout the school
- A Learning lounge, equipped with Apple technology which is available to all parents, pupils and staff
Creative Learning Spaces
Teachers at GEMS Jumeirah Primary School know that all children learn differently and different learning experiences suit different learning spaces. The aim is to provide children with a range of Creative Learning Spaces across school to suit all learning styles and needs.
Creative Learning Spaces give students a choice in what kind of learning space works best for them, helps them to work collaboratively, communicate and engage in critical thinking
Research shows that when they have access to Creative Learning Spaces:
- Students get a cognitive boost of 7-14% when standing
- They are more engaged in tasks than if they were sitting
- There are positive changes in class behaviour
In addition to this;
- Students have increased motivation and engagement
- There is better oxygen flow to the brain
- Excess energy is utilised
- Metabolism is improved
- It improves core strength and posture
- Children are empowered to make their own choices about how they best learn
Learning spaces at Jumeirah Primary School are carefully designed and closely monitored to maximise effectiveness of learning. Teachers think deeply about the way their learners learn and they empower children to make their own choices. This leads to students being more engaged and involved.