How to begin your child's journey...
Admission to GEMS Jumeirah Primary School be made during the year, depending on availability, through the Registrar. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) requires all students to submit certain documents to the school before they can enter the educational system in Dubai.
Failure to present the following documentation, once your child has received an offer, may result in your child losing their place at GEMS Jumeirah Primary School:
- 1 copy of your child's passport
- 1 copy of your child’s residency visa
- 1 copy of your child's birth certificate (residents of some countries must produce an attested copy)
- 1 copy of your child and both parents’ emirates ID cards.
- 2 recent passport photographs (on photographic paper please);
- A copy of your child's latest school report, (applicable only for all children entering Year 1 and above)
- Transfer certificate. Please see below.
- Full details of any special educational needs and individual education plans (IEPs) plus any Educational Psychologist's report if completed. It is essential that all educational history is presented to GEMS Jumeirah Primary School prior to a place being offered;
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child;
Receiving an offer of a place at GEMS Jumeirah Primary School, does not automatically give a right of access to any other GEMS school.
Every student is required by the UAE Knowledge and Human Development Authority to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child's place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child's transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrolment in the school
- Child's date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum studied
NB: Children coming from countries other than United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)
Please be aware that children transferring from other education systems (including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa) maybe placed in a Year Group lower than expected by their chronological age due to KHDA regulations about placement out of their current system’s sequence.
The KHDA has specific dates regulating the transfer of children within the UAE and from overseas which GEMS Jumeirah Primary School adheres to. Please discuss these with the Registrar on application and satisfy yourself you will be able to fully confirm to these regulations.
For more information, please contact the school registrar via email; [email protected]